Whether you got yourself a new printer or you are an old user, it is crucial you know the basics such as how to install Brother printer on Mac. Even though Brother printers rarely have communication issues, you might need to reinstall the printer in case of one.
You can either use an Ethernet cable or any of the wireless methods of connectivity such as BlueTooth or Wi-Fi. If you are using a wireless method, make sure both the printer and your device are connected to the same network.
To make things easier, here is a step-by-step guide on how to go about the process.
How to install Brother printer on Mac
No matter if you are installing the printer for the first time, or reinstalling it after deleting it from your computer; these easy-to-follow steps are all you need.
- Start off by installing the latest printer driver from the official Brother website.
- Next, click on the ”Menu” and select the “System Preferences” option. You will see a drop-down menu appear. Select “Printers and scanners”.
- You will see a printer’s list on the left side. Click on the (+) sign below it. Select your printer from the list of “Nearby printers” that appear.
- Click on the Add (+) button to connect the printer to your Mac.
How to connect Brother printer to Mac with CD
Installing the drivers using CD is as simple as downloading it from the website. Make sure you are following all the steps for a smooth connection afterward.
- Restart your computer, ensuring the cable is secured tightly to the power outlet.
- Insert the printer driver CD in your computer. A driver installation screen will appear on your computer. Follow the process displayed to install the driver.
- Next, go to the Menu and click on “Printers and scanners”.
- You will see a list of available printers on the left side. Select your printer and click on the Add (+) button.
Brother printer not responding to Mac
There are instances that the printer does not recognize your device even after successful installation. However, there is nothing to worry about. A mere reset can solve this problem. Follow these steps to delete and reinstall the printer.
- Open the Menu and click on “System preferences”. Select the “Printers and scanners” option.
- Press the Control key on the keyboard to display a drop-down. Select “Reset printing option” from the list. This will delete all the available devices on your Mac.
- Follow the above-mentioned steps to install the Brother printer again. The printer and Mac should work smoothly now.
Relying on technicians is not the only solution. As a printer owner, knowing how to install Brother printer on Mac, solving communication errors, and troubleshooting yourself can be beneficial.
This saves you time and money both, without a lot of effort on your part. Brother printers are a good investment with their low-maintenance nature. You can easily connect it to your devices, solve common issues, and get it running yourself.